Graduate level teaching is an important part of the work of the group. Members of the team have delivered a range of courses at international graduate schools and tutorials at major conferences, including:
- Chris Reed worked with Annette Hautli-Janisz from Passau delivering lectures at the Winter School on Corpus Data for the Analysis of Discourse, Interactions and Arguments, USI Lugano, Switzerland (February 2023). The course focused on using Inference Anchoring Theory to build large datasets of argumentation resources and challenges in handling reframing.
- John Lawrence delivered lectures on argument mining at the APPLY training school in Cyprus (March 2023).
- Chris Reed delivered lectures at the USI Lugano Graduate Programme on basic techniques in Inference Anchoring Theory (May 2022).
- Chris Reed delivered a lecture at the Training School on The Rhetorical Roots of Argumentation in Trento (September 2021) focusing on rhetorical structures in large scale datasets.
- A tutorial at ACL 2019 in Florence
- A course at the ESSLLI 2017 graduate school in Toulouse
- A tutorial at ACL 2016 in Berlin
- The Summer School on Argumentation 2016 graduate school in Potsdam
- A tutorial at IJCAI 2016 in New York
- The Summer School on Argumentation 2014 graduate school in Dundee
- ACAI 2013 graduate school in London
- IGSAR 2013 graduate school in Warsaw
- EASSS 2011 graduate school in Girona
- the Summer Institute on Argumentation 2011 in Ontario
- and DAMAS 2008 graduate school in Dubai
- the Argupolis doctoral programme in Switzerland 2007-2011
- EASSS 2003 graduate school in Barcelona